Here we discuss how to make eco friendly cleaning products. We all know that it’s important to be eco-friendly. But sometimes it can be difficult to know where to start, especially when it comes to making your home greener. A great place to start is with your cleaning products.
Here are some recipes for homemade, eco-friendly cleaning products that will help you save money and reduce your impact on the environment
eco friendly cleaning products:
While making your own eco-friendly cleaning products can be a fun and rewarding experience, it’s important to remember that not all ingredients are created equal. Some of the more harmful chemicals in commercial cleaners include ammonia, chlorine bleach, and formaldehyde.
When choosing ingredients for your homemade cleaners, make sure to go with those that are plant-based and non-toxic.
Vinegar, baking soda, lemon juice, and essential oils are all excellent choices for green cleaning. Not only are they safe for you and your family, but they also work just as well (if not better) than their chemical counterparts.
Have you tried any of these recipes for eco-friendly cleaners? If so, let us know how they worked out for you in the comments below.
how to make eco friendly cleaning products:
Here are a few recipes for eco-friendly cleaning supplies that you can make yourself using simple ingredients from your pantry:
Window cleaner: mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with 1 cup of water. Add a few drops of citrus oil for a fresh scent.
All-purpose cleaner: mix 1/2 cup of vinegar with 2 cups of water. Add 10 drops of tea tree oil for an antibacterial agent.
Toilet bowl cleaner: mix 1/2 cup of baking soda with 1/4 cup of vinegar. Add 10 drops of tea tree oil for an antibacterial agent.
The best eco friendly cleaning products for different surfaces:
For general cleaning: Vinegar is a great all-purpose cleaner. Mix it with water in a spray bottle, and use it to clean surfaces such as counters, appliances, and floors.
For mirrors and windows: Mix one part white vinegar with four parts water in a spray bottle. Spray the solution on the surface, wipe with a clean cloth, and dry with another cloth.
For stainless steel appliances: Combine one teaspoon of olive oil with half a cup of white vinegar in a spray bottle. Shake well before spraying on appliances. Wipe off with a soft cloth.
For wood floors: Combine one gallon of warm water with two tablespoons of Murphy’s Oil Soap (or any other natural wood floor cleaner). Mop the floor as usual.
For carpets: Vacuum the carpet, then sprinkle baking soda over the entire surface. Let sit for 15 minutes, then vacuum again.
store and dispose of eco friendly cleaning products:
Eco friendly cleaning products should be stored in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight. Most of these products are biodegradable, so they can be disposed of down the drain with running water. If the product says “Caution: May Be Harmful If Ingested,” then please follow the directions on the label for proper disposal.
A list of the best eco friendly cleaning products on the market:
1. Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day All Purpose Cleaner: This cleaner is made with natural ingredients and is safe for use on most surfaces. It smells great, too!
2. Seventh Generation Glass and Surface Cleaner: This cleaner is biodegradable, non-toxic, and ammonia free. It’s safe for use on all surfaces, including glass and stainless steel.
3. ECOS Home & Office All-Surface Cleaner: This multi-purpose cleaner is also biodegradable and non-toxic. It’s safe for use on a variety of surfaces, including wood, laminate, and tile.
4. Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner: This cleaner is made with non-toxic ingredients and is safe for use on most surfaces. It’s also biodegradable and environmentally friendly.
5. Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds All-Purpose Cleaner: This natural cleaner is made with plant-based ingredients and is safe for use on most surfaces. It’s also biodegradable and environmentally friendly.
These are just a few of our favorite eco friendly cleaning products. If you’re looking for more options, be sure to check out our full list of green cleaning products. Happy cleaning!
Tips for reducing your environmental impact when it comes to cleaning:
1. Switch to green cleaning supplies. There are a number of eco-friendly and non-toxic cleaning products on the market today.
2. Use natural materials to clean whenever possible. For example, lemon juice and vinegar make great all-purpose cleaners.
3. Cut down on your use of paper towels and other disposable cleaning supplies. Try using rags or old newspapers instead.
4. Recycle your used cleaning supplies whenever possible. For instance, you can recycle old newspapers, glass bottles, and aluminum cans.
5. Educate yourself about the harmful effects of conventional cleaning products and take steps to reduce your exposure to them.
While making your own eco friendly cleaning products is a great way to avoid harsh chemicals, it’s also important to be thoughtful about the ingredients you use. By using simple, all-natural ingredients that you likely have in your kitchen already, you can make effective and safe cleaners for every surface in your home. Give these recipes a try and see how easy it is to go green with your cleaning!